For many, Labor Day weekend at Lake of the Ozarks is their official summer sendoff. With a surface water temperature of 83 degrees on the Main Channel and temperatures in the upper 80s, the Lake will not disappoint this weekend. Summer is still here; enjoy it! From the best spots to cove out to awesome pool parties and firework displays, this is your holiday destination guide for end-of-summer fun at Lake of the Ozarks.
Boating for C.O.P.S. 2018 Fun Run
Kick off your Labor Day weekend by supporting the men and women of law enforcement. The 3rd Annual Boating for C.O.P.S. Fun Run starts at Backwater Jack’s (17.7MM), Friday, August 31, 2018, at 9 AM. This is a non-profit donation fun-run with all proceeds going to Missouri C.O.P.S. organization. C.O.P.S.is a non-profit organization that helps with fallen police officers’ surviving family members.
Photo Credit: Missouri Concerns of Police Survivors
After a meet and greet, boaters will depart Backwater Jack’s making their way to Captain Ron’s (34.5 MM), the first of three stops. After Captain Ron’s boaters head to The Fish and Co. (31MM), then NautiFish Rum Bar (3.5MM, Niangua Arm) before heading back to Backwater Jacks (17.7 MM) for a pool party and prize giveaways! Boaters can buy 50/50 raffle tickets. Register here.
Zero Ducks Given, Contagious and Rehydrate at These Pool Party Spots
Celebrating Labor Day weekend at Lake of the Ozarks is a tradition for many families. From relaxing coves to your favorite hot-spots, the Lake offers something for everyone. If you are looking for a party, head to Backwater Jack’s (17.7MM) for the final Zero Ducks Given Pool Party of the summer on Saturday, September 1, 2018. DJs Ol Skewl, Styles, and KLow will have the pool party rocking from 11 AM to 7 PM. At the Horny Toad Entertainment Complex at Camden on the Lake (7MM), Contagious rocks the outdoor stage on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 9 PM. If it is Labor Day weekend, then it is Rehydrate at Lazy Gators (7MM) Sunday, September 2, 2018, from 11 AM to 1 AM. Headlining and making their Lake debut, Young Bombs! Additional DJ sets performed by Maximus, Jwin, Edge, Jestin Kase, Styles, Rise, Lektrik, and Requiem.
Photo Credit: Sky View Photography
From Lively to Laid-back, Drop Anchor and Relax in these Coves
Downing Branch Cove, aka Power Line Cove, is at the 3MM directly across the Main Channel from Isla Del Sol condos. This cove is a great spot for chilling out with some tunes with your favorite floaty. If you are looking for a more lively location, check out Evergreen Cove at the 17.5MM (opposite side of the Main Channel from Backwater Jack’s).
At the 31MM, check out Fish & Co. Cove, and bring your appetite. This is a great cove that bears the name of the nearby restaurant, The Fish & Co. Not too far from Coconuts Caribbean Beach Bar & Grill is Indian Creek Cove, 6 MM, Gravois Arm. From water pads to paddle boards, this family-friendly cove is perfect for various water activities. If you want to feel the rush of Missouri’s 12th largest spring, check out Ha Ha Tonka Cove, 15MM, Niangua Arm. A beautiful spot with towering bluffs overhead.
Watch Awesome Fireworks From The Water
As the sun begins to set, get ready for fireworks overhead. The Lake puts on some great shows, and the best seat in the house is on the water.
- Bear Bottom Resort’s (38MM) fireworks start at 9:45 PM on Saturday, September 1 and Sunday, September 2, 2018. Watch the fireworks display from the water, anywhere in front of Bear Bottom Resort.
- Millstone Marina’s (7MM), fireworks at 8:30 PM on Saturday, September 1, 2018. Free cheeseburgers and hotdogs from 5 PM to 8 PM. For the best view of the fireworks, position your boat anywhere in front of Millstone Marina. Insider Tip: Do not anchor inside Millstone Marina’s breakwall to avoid getting hooked on their lines.
- Celebration Cruises’ (Bagnell Dam location) fireworks at dusk on Saturday, September 1, 2018. Fireworks will be shot from a floating dock near Celebration II’s dock near Bagnell Dam. For the best viewing location, look for Celebration II and hang out nearby.
- Tan-Tar-A Resort’s (26MM) fireworks start at dusk on Sunday, September 2, 2018. Boat over to the island directly across from Tan-Tar-A’s main pool. For best visibility, stay close to the Tropic Island Cruises yacht. It’s their job to entertain 150 passengers, so they know where to sit for the best show. Insider Tip: Notice the construction area to the left of Tan-Tar-A’s pool—that blue top building is the future home of Landshark Bar & Grill, which will open when Tan-Tar-A becomes a Margaritaville Resort in 2019.
- The Lodge of Four Seasons’ (13.5MM) fireworks start at dusk on Sunday, September 2, 2018. Like Tan-Tar-A, find the large yacht called Celebration and idle alongside it for the best view.
- The Inn at Grand Glaize’s (1MM, Glaize Arm), fireworks start at dusk on Sunday, September 2, 2018. Position your boat anywhere in front of The Inn at Grand Glaize for a nice view of the fireworks.
Photo Credit: Bombay Boat Rental
Whether you’re taking in a pool party or firework show, remember safety comes first. Lake of the Ozarks will be extremely busy during this summer sendoff weekend. The boat traffic after the fireworks shows may feel like rush hour traffic. Have a sober captain—be safe and watch your wake. It is your responsibility to know Missouri boating laws. Make it a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend!.
Is celebrating Labor Day weekend at Lake of the Ozarks a family tradition? How long has your family been coming to The Lake on Labor Day weekend? Do you plan on taking in some fireworks? If so, where? Join the conversation, we would love to hear from you!